Martial Arts can teach you to defend yourself, but it can provide much more than just a defensive art.
It gives participant:
- sense of self-confidence
- teaches discipline
- respect for self and others
- provide an outlet for aggression and frustration
Martial Arts helps those who are being bullied and correct those who are bullying.
Martial Arts Helps With Bullying At Premier Shooting & Training Center
In group classes you develop a comradery with others and a sense of belonging.
10 common misconception about bullying:
- Girls are more likely to bully. Statistically speaking, guys are more likely to be bullied. It makes sense when you think about it, guys are under all sorts of societal pressure to act tough and “man up” meaning they often resort to violence or aggression to resolve issues.
- People are bullied because they don’t fit in. In fact, people who are bullied because they are different are fine just how they are. The problem lies with the person doing the bullying who can’t accept people for who they are.
- Bullying only happens at school. It is too often associated with the school playground. Bullying can happen anywhere and at any time, at work, school, college, on-line, at a game, at a sports club, in the media, in the street, at the mall, on the bus, at the park and more often than you would think, at home.
- Bullies are bad people. Bullies are struggling to deal with unresolved issues. No one is born bad, bullying is a learned behavior and is completely reversible – it is never too late to turn things around.
- In fact, there are loads of different types of bullying including emotional, in-game, verbal, on-line, workplace, humiliation, … the list goes on.
- Online abuse is part of the digital life. A common misconception is that online abuse is something that comes with the territory of living a digital life. This assumption legitimizes and normalizes abusive behavior. It does not have to be like this, with proper education and basic digital citizenship skills, we can create a safe internet for everyone.
- Everyone will experience bullying at some point. In statistical terms 51% of people will experience bullying at some point in their lives. While you are more likely to experience bullying when you are younger, it is not an inevitable thing. Almost everyone will probably witness bullying at some point. Do not be a bystander, make a statement speak up for those who are being bullied if it feels safe to do so.
- Bullying is just part of growing up. Despite the somewhat alarming statistic above, not everyone goes through bullying when they are young. Some people experience it later in life. It is not uncommon for older people to experience severe bullying. Some people will never have to deal with it at all. Saying that “Bullying is part of growing up” make it seem like it is OK. Bullying is not OK.
- In-game bullying is just part of the gaming experience. This is a big one… According to ***Ditch the Label research, 62% of people surveyed said they would enjoy online gaming more if in-game abuse and trolling did not exist. This proves that although in-game abuse forms a large part of the gaming experience, most people would prefer to game without the ever-present threat of trolling.
- People who are bullied are victims. The assumption that those who are bullied are victims is damaging because it disempowers those who experience it. Everyone is equally as vulnerable to bullying regardless of who they are no one is immune. There are certain groups of people who may be more likely to experience certain types of bullying, but that does not make them victims. It simply shows there are bigger societal issues that need to be dealt with.
Premier Shooting & Training Center offers classes in Tae Kwon Do, Kenpo Karate, and Youth Mixed Martial Arts
JKD Youth MMA; taught by Coach Sean Sutton JKDUNLIMITEDCINCINNATI
Tracy’s Kenpo; taught by Sensi Jim Cornish Jim.firstname.lastname@example.org
Tae Kwon Do; taught by Master Ian Wiesman email@example.com
For More Information
You can click here for more information
Checkout what Premier Shooting & Training Center has to offer! We’re conveniently located in West Chester, OH, only 5 minutes off I-275’s 747-N exit!
Premier Shooting & Training Center
4845 Premier Way
West Chester, OH 45069
First Class is Free Or Come in and observe any classes in session.
*** Ditch the Label is a large anti-bullying charity.